Sunday, November 02, 2008

Yuzu

So I ran out of this but have had many. many requests for it recently. If you belong to the Soap of the Month club you are virtually guaranteed to be receiving this in January. It is made with Yuzu fragrance oil, Yuzu is a Chinese citrus fruit that is part Mandarin and part a citrus fruit similar to grapefruit.

I made this soap with some Red Palm Butter at trace meaning that its properties will remain in the finished soap. It is the highest butter in the Omega Fatty Acids loaded with 2 kinds of Vitamin E and Beta Carotene. This butter hydrates the skin and helps to smooth out wrinkles. It also tints the soap a yellowish-orange color, but the color is very faint.

Since the color was so faint and too similar to the Mandarin Neroli I made recently I kicked up the orange with Annatto Seed Powder, now I hope it does not look too similar to the Bergamot Grapefruit soap.

Approximate due date: 12/14/08

Soundtrack: Sonic Youth, Goo

No comments: